Selling or leasing a commercial property can be much more complex than simply selling your home. There are several factors to consider when making the decision to sell your commercial property:
- What type of commercial property is it? This will factor into the type of information brokers will require to list on MLS. For example, if your property is an industrial property, we will require clear height, shipping doors and their dimensions, and power. Attractive additional qualities include outside storage, cranes, and rail access.
- Are you selling your property? This will require several supporting documents, such as rent rolls and leases (if tenanted), environmental information, surveys and floor plans, elevations, and more. We will also need you to provide us with documents relating to the requirements of Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC), the financial intelligence arm of the Federal government.
- Are you leasing your property? Our brokers can provide you with market knowledge to make an informed decision on desired net rental rates, current trends, and what the modern tenant requires as it relates to your commercial property type.
- Are there issues that need to be disclosed? As brokers, it is our duty to provide Buyers with credible, true information and in good faith. Whether it is information that is omitted or incorrect, such discrepancies can lead to further legal action that no buyer, seller, or broker wants to be involved in.
- Have you done your research? One of the most important decisions you can make is to decide who will represent you in any real estate matter. Blair Blanchard Stapleton has been in operation in Hamilton and Burlington since 1995, with specializations in office, industrial, investment, retail, and appraisals.
For more information on Blair Blanchard Stapleton, or to speak to an agent, feel free to get in touch.
Looking for more insights, let’s connect on LinkedIn.